Mac McCool - Children's Book Illustrations and Graphic Novels

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Bad Case of Kernel Panic


Yesterday, I drove my iBook urgently to the ER of the Apple store (they call it "Genius Bar," but believe me it felt more like an ER moment!). I thought my workhorse would hold up for another year, but it kept giving me a "multi-lingual" command to shut it down every time I started it up. Thank God for backing up (20 days ago! a-hum...) and for the helpful iBook doctor at the Genius Bar who helped me get the more recent files, including my latest graphic novel manuscript! Sigh...! Now my iBook is in flight somewhere to a Mayo clinic for clunky iBooks (and I should be able to get it back some time next week!). It's gonna be a lonely week...

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna M. Lewis said...

I hope you made an appointment!
Did you read my LJ post about the 4mo old MacBook hard drive death?
Okay, they redeemed themselves with recent trip with 13YO's iPhone.

Hope iBook makes it home safely!

3/13/08, 7:49 AM  
Blogger Justin Ridge said...

Doh! It seemed so healthy at the Alumni event....have you been feeding it enough vegetables??

3/13/08, 4:05 PM  
Blogger sruble said...

I hope you get your computer back soon and in good shape to last a long time.

3/13/08, 7:47 PM  
Blogger Mac McCool said...

Veggies!... Hmmm. That must be IT! Is that what runs your computer, Justin? He he!

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Stephanie & Anna! Last update: it's being FedEx back today (can't wait!!!). Will see if the data's still there. Fingers crossed!!

3/14/08, 7:41 AM  
Blogger BrandoAbba said...

HEy Christain sorry to hear about your mac. I know the feeling. It should come back strong after it's lil vacation. Oh! this is Brandon Franco by the way...I'll see ya at school!

3/19/08, 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home