Mac McCool - Children's Book Illustrations and Graphic Novels

Friday, October 17, 2008

East Coast Mugs and Memories


Caught in a whirlwind of activities between New York City, Georgia, and L.A., I hardly had a chance to pause! Yet, what a thrill to attend Jo Kittinger's session on voice at the Chattahoochee Valley Writers' Conference (Jo has an awesome collection of quotes about "voice" from editors, writers, and other fine folks). What fun it was to hang out with fellow illustrators at the New York Society of Illustrators' Educators Symposium, where I got to meet "neighbor" Michael Savas (Laguna College of Art & Design), Ed Murr (who's at F.I.T. in NYC, and who's had lots of experience with comics companies), George Pratt (who made an excellent presentation on teaching sequential art), and many more. Unfortunately, my stay in NYC was too short, so I'll have to return! Meanwhile, here are some of the NYC subway faces from my sketchbook.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna M. Lewis said...

Welcome back!
Nice mugs!
My baby brother and his artist wife live in Columbus... if I'd known, I might have made the road trip. Sounds like a great time.
Next year?
How was GA? I think I've been around the areas where it was held. One of the galleries where my SIL shows is near by.

10/18/08, 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home