Mac McCool - Children's Book Illustrations and Graphic Novels

Monday, November 19, 2007

Another Month, Another Children's Comics Imprint: Toon Books

It's official! We're experiencing a renaissance of comics for children. The latest imprint to offer children's graphic novels is Toon Books. It is introducing graphic novels for very young readers, 4 years old and up (similar to Punaise & Puceron in the French and Belgian markets). Toon Books founders, Françoise Mouly and Art Spiegelman, who have long advocated for quality comics for children (notably with their lavish and smart Little Lit collection), bring their artistic flair and editorial know-how to an already promising catalogue. (More info on Toon Books' blog and in Calvin Reid's PW article)

1 Comments:

Blogger Diandra Mae said...

I found them this weekend when I was searching through various comic links. I was so excited, I bookmarked them. Then I get my PW email announcing the arrival of Toon Books today. ha! I was ahead of the publicity curve!. :)

11/20/07, 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home