Mac McCool - Children's Book Illustrations and Graphic Novels

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Quick News: Children's Graphic Novel Day, Hugo Cabret, and Jay's 13 Reasons

Speakers for the roundtable on children's graphic novels in bookstores, schools, and libraries, chaired by Andrew Mitchell, now include artists, writers, librarians, bookstore professionals, Tommy Kovac, Douglass Barre, J. H. Everett, and Michael Payne. Registrations for Children's Graphic Novel Day are coming in, so don't delay (it's one week away). And it sounds like we'll have some great professionals attending as well -- so we should see very lively and informed discussions. Thanks to Lisa Yee, Greg at GottaBlog, Christina Forshay, Marilyn Scott-Waters, and all of you who are helping to promote this event! You guys rock!! And from Lisa Yee's blog: Brian Selznick Invention of Hugo Cabret won a fine award! More great news for this expanding medium! Finally, my SCBWI buddy, Jay Asher's first (and much acclaimed) novel is out: check out Thirteen Reasons Why.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diandra Mae said...

oof! I wish we lived closer so I could attend CGND. It sounds like it'll be a great event!

(I'm so excited for Brian S. I was at the SCBWI conference in February where he revealed his inspiration and process for Hugo. Gorgeous piece of work.)

10/31/07, 8:16 AM  
Blogger Mac McCool said...

I remember that! That one of the best teaser-presentations I saw. It moved me to buy the book within days of seeing it!

10/31/07, 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home