Mac McCool - Children's Book Illustrations and Graphic Novels

Monday, November 19, 2007

Another Month, Another Children's Comics Imprint: Toon Books

It's official! We're experiencing a renaissance of comics for children. The latest imprint to offer children's graphic novels is Toon Books. It is introducing graphic novels for very young readers, 4 years old and up (similar to Punaise & Puceron in the French and Belgian markets). Toon Books founders, Fran├žoise Mouly and Art Spiegelman, who have long advocated for quality comics for children (notably with their lavish and smart Little Lit collection), bring their artistic flair and editorial know-how to an already promising catalogue. (More info on Toon Books' blog and in Calvin Reid's PW article)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

I found them this weekend when I was searching through various comic links. I was so excited, I bookmarked them. Then I get my PW email announcing the arrival of Toon Books today. ha! I was ahead of the publicity curve!. :)

11/20/07, 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home