Mac McCool - Children's Book Illustrations and Graphic Novels

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Graphic Novel Workshop in Sub-Tropical Florida

Want to learn about creating graphic novels for kids? Next week, I’ll pack up to join Jarrett Krosoczka and a long-time publishing pro in a day-long workshop on graphic novels in Orlando, FL, as part of the SCBWI Mid-Year Workshop. I don’t know that I’m at liberty to tell you who the mystery publishing pro is, but let’s just say he’s been editing for years at Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins, Random House, Scholastic, and that he’s now an agent looking for great material! This fun-packed conference includes a merry group of writers, editors, and agents such as funny-writer, Lin Oliver (who’s got a new website!), Bruce Coville, Bonnie, Bader, and Michael Stearns. My presentation colleague, Jarrett Krosoczka, creator of Punk Farm, will talk about his new graphic novel series, Lunch Lady! So come and join the fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina Forshay said...

Sounds fun! Though Florida is a bit on the faaaar side of the country for me! I think I know who the "special agent" is. Fun! Glad you're posting here again! See you at one of the schmoozes!

6/14/09, 1:37 PM  
Blogger Christina Forshay said...

Seems like I sure do like the exclamation point, huh?

6/14/09, 1:38 PM  
Blogger Mac McCool said...

Christina!!!!! (5 exclamation points, no extra charge! Haha!). So good to hear from you. Yes, I plan on getting to some of our get-togethers soon! Hope to see you there!!!

6/14/09, 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home