Mac McCool - Children's Book Illustrations and Graphic Novels

Saturday, August 11, 2007

How Many Graphic Novels Have YOU Read in the Last Year?

Do you see that band wagon fixin' to leave the station? It's the Children's Graphic Novel Express! Run aboard! Jump in! Smile to the press for the maiden voyage photo! We're making history!!

But, WAIT! Hold it! Right there!

Your ticket -- do you have your ticket?!

"Ticket?!" you ask.

"Well, yeah! Just how many graphic novels have you read in the last 12 months?"

Blank stares...

"How 'bout thirty?... Twenty?... Ten?!?!... Not EVEN ten!!! Waitaminute! Children's graphic novels are serious business! Do some readin' and then hop right in! It's gonna be a fun ride!!!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I hate to admit that my number is: 2. But they were two GREAT ones! I'll keep at it...

Thanks for the link to the agent interview. Very interesting, with lots of specifics. She sounds great.

8/11/07, 12:23 PM  
Blogger Anna M. Lewis said...

It was so great to meet you!!!
Your classes at SCBWI were perfect!!!
I had a fantastic time at LACMA and The Getty... I hope to post soon!!!!
I've noticed (in your posts and comments) that we have a similiar 'voice' and we both use !!!!! a lot!!!!
Once the dust settles, I hope to email you with questions/comments.
TTFN!!!
Yay, Graphic Novels!!!!!

8/11/07, 7:57 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I met a librarian, Jennie, at ALA and she loves and reads lots of graphic novels. And she reviews them on her blog, which is handy for me, since I need good suggestions: http://tushuguan.blogspot.com/2007/08/graphic-novels-all-over-place.html

8/11/07, 11:01 PM  
Blogger Mac McCool said...

Sara, if I wanted to come any close to your ability to write poetry, I'd have to read a lot more of it! And that's the spirit I'm encouraging regarding graphic novels. Also, your librarian friend and I agree: First Second rocks! Anna, all the exclamation points: PURE ENERGY!!!! ;-D

8/12/07, 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home